Weight loss and diets have been a struggle for most of my life. There was a time when I thought I had defeated the weight loss and diets. The end of college had me ballroom dancing and had my body in the best shape it had ever been (walking around in three inch heels for ten hours a day has a way of sculpting your legs).
Pregnancy brought the weight struggles back with a vengeance. The diets came back as well and I spent a small fortune on exercise videos. It was only after I discovered a Christian weight loss program that I managed a breakthrough in my weight situation.
It was another pregnancy that again brought back the weight loss struggles. The Christian weight loss plan that I used previously was no longer available. My struggle was going to be personal.
6 Tips to Simple Tips for Weight Loss
1. Avoid the television. Skip eating in front of the television and take a few moments to sit down at the table and enjoy the meal.
2. Enjoy each bite of food. Take the time to savor each bite by chewing the bite completely and drinking a sip in between to clean the palate. Pick out the best bites of the meal as well so that you can enjoy the best on the plate.
3. Get some support. Accountability can not be over emphasized when you are taking on any new endeavor. The best way to manage this support is to get a group together once a week.
4. Make a plan to move. The only way to lose weight is a similar process to balancing a budget (only the exact opposite). You have to burn more calories than you bring in each day. Getting up and moving each day – even for a few minutes – will help that process.
5. Follow the scripture. There are more diet plans in the scripture than you might imagine. Daniel ate fresh fruits and vegetables. Paul ate the meals dedicated to other gods. John ate honey and locusts (now is that not the ONE diet you know you want to try). In the end the key to the different Christian diet plans is to be in a personal relationship with God and allowing HIM to guide you to the how, the when and the what to eat.
6. Defeat sin. The Christian weight loss process is not about eating special foods, controlling the calories or even following a specific weight loss plan. The ultimate key to permanent Christian weight loss is to defeat the sin of gluttony.
Christian weight loss is possible without the aid of traditional diets. My lifetime struggles with weight loss were defeated over 2000 years ago. It is time that I dropped the chains that I have already been freed from and lived a life that has been promised to me.